Longroad Energy Holdings LLC

US renewable energy project development headquartered in Boston and San Francisco

Longroad's focus is primarily in the development of utility-scale wind and solar generation throughout North America. Longroad was founded in 2016, and is the reformulated team of First Wind, one of the most successful independent renewable energy development teams in the U.S. over the past decade. 

Infratil's partnership with Longroad combines local knowledge with the capital of Infratil and The New Zealand Superannuation Fund. Infratil and New Zealand Superannuation Fund will initially own 90% of the business while Longroad Energy Partners (LEP) an entity held by the Longroad executive team will own the remaining 10%. Over time, Longroad will provide an option for further investment in stable, low risk operating assets.

Infratil Update May 2017

This Update explains why Infratil invested in Canberra Data Centres, Longroad Energy and Tilt Renewables, and outlines the investment plans of each of those businesses.

Longroad News


Longroad Energy Acquires 3.0 GW Solar Portfolio

18 Jan 2017

Move Accelerates Build-Out of Longroad’s U.S. Solar Development Strategy
BOSTON & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Longroad Energy Holdings, LLC (“Longroad”) today announced the acquisition of a 3.0 gigawatt (GW) solar development portfolio from 7X Energy, Inc. (“7X”). The acquired portfolio includes projects located across the U.S. in several of Longroad’s target markets. The...

Read more

Longroad announces purchase of PTC qualified wind turbine components

10 Jan 2017

Generates more than 600 MW of project capacity prior to expiry of 100% PTC
Longroad Energy Holdings, LLC (“Longroad”) today announced the purchase of wind turbine components that would qualify more than 600 MW of projects for 100% of the federal production tax credit if such projects are placed in service...

Read more

Infratil commits to development of renewables in the U.S.

5 Oct 2016

Infratil Limited today announced an initial investment in Longroad Energy Holdings, LLC ("Longroad"), a recently formed renewable energy development and operating vehicle headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Infratil committed to invest in this renewable opportunity in conjunction with the NZ Superannuation Fund.
Infratil and the NZ Superannuation Fund will own the business...

Read more

Other energy businesses

Trustpower Perth Energy Tilt Renewables